The Harding Township School provides an environment which is both academically challenging and developmentally responsive to the needs of our students. Our students are supported by faculty to develop 21stcentury skills, intellectual curiosity and the ability to problem solve in all curricular areas. We encourage our students to develop a commitment to service to others and a desire to assume leadership roles in an ever-changing world. It is our hope that our students use their time, talents and skills for the greater good of the environment, economy and global society.
The Harding Township School serves students in grades preK-8 from New Vernon, Green Village, and outlying areas that fall within the township's borders. The school is located on Lee's Hill Road near the historic district of the Village of New Vernon. There are two buildings situated on a picturesque 43-acre campus housing approximately 310 students. The original structure, built in 1926, has several additions and contains grades 5-8. The elementary building, built in 1969 and located just west of the Middle School, houses grades preK-4.
Our district offers a wide range of programs and services to support the academic, social and emotional growth of all our students. They include but are not limited to the following:
· A comprehensive language arts program rooted in the Teachers College models of reading and writing workshop
· A math curriculum supported by Singapore math strategies.
· A science curriculum aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards in all grades
· A fine arts program featuring instruction and performance opportunities in the visual and performing arts
· An integrated preschool program focusing on hands-on learning activities that develop and nurture academic and social skills for three and four-year old children
· Full-day kindergarten balanced with academic programs, a complete schedule of special subjects and opportunities for centers and creative play each day
· Technology integration across all content areas supported with Smart Boards in every classroom, one-to-one Chrome Books in grades 3-8, 3-D printers, iReady online education supplement
· A full-time Child Study Team and supported services in speech, occupational therapy and guidance
· An interscholastic athletic program to provide team experiences for students in grades 5-8.
· A gifted and talented program (Quest) for identified students to further develop their academic ability and nurture their intellectual curiosity and problem-solving capacities
· A five-day per week world language program in middle school with options in Spanish, French and Mandarin.
· A range of electives and extracurricular activities including band, Jazz Band, chorus, student council, musical productions, Technology Student Association (TSA), Future Cities competition, sewing, Lego Mindstorms, Climate and Culture Committee
· A weekly Character Education to foster mutual respect and interpersonal skills among our students.
· A Buddy Program that partners K-2 students with middle school students for various activities and programs throughout the year
· A vibrant PTO that supports the school and brings the community together with events such as Back to School BBQ, Fall Festival, Book Fair, Comedy Night, Field Day, Car Show
· The Harding Township Education Foundation (HTEF) which funds enriching experiences for our students such as Circus Yoga, Shakespeare Residency, Lincoln Center Jazz trip
· A Climate and Culture Committee that brings students, teachers and parents together to promote a positive environment for all stakeholders. The Climate and Culture Committee plans and executes an annual Day of Service for all students.
If you have any questions about our school, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Principal/Director of Curriculum
Last Modified on November 8, 2017